The Chicago Psychoanalytic Society (CPS) is a professional organization offering educational events, a forum for discussing psychoanalytic ideas, and resources for mental health professionals and the community at large.
The mission of the Chicago Psychoanalytic Society is:
- To advance the field of psychoanalysis through promotion of education for and research by members and through education of the larger community.
- To maintain the professional and ethical standards of its members and the profession.
- To promote professional activities of its members through assistance with career development and generation of marketing activities.
- To enhance the vitality of the Society by:
- Encouraging acceptance of a diversity of opinion.
- Assessing the interests of its members.
- Facilitating member involvement in the activities of the Society.
- Fostering collegiality and fellowship.